After the Bondo hardened I began sanding. I started with my random orbital sander, but the mouse sander was better equipped for all the curves.
So onto more Bondo we go!
Once the plaster dried and hardened I removed the helmet and applied more plaster wrap to the inside seam.
Next, more primer.
When that dried I brought the helmet inside and mixed a blue gray color that was slightly lighter than the color of the helmet. I then painted it onto various areas of the helmet.
The lighter areas may be hard to see since my camera sucks.
Next I added silver to the big A on the front and the side "wings".
I also added various scrapes and scratches with the silver paint.
Then I brushed on some black paint to create a little more wear and tear.
After all the paint dried I brought it back into the workshop and sprayed on a few coats of clear coat.